The Mechanical Engineer (HVAC) – Co-Op is responsible for providing support to in-house engineering staff in all facets of building mechanical system design.
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: NO
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
- Supports senior engineering personnel in mechanical engineering of HVAC, plumbing, and fuel gas systems for institutional, retail, and commercial building projects.
- Prepares calculations and technically sound construction documents that are cost effective, efficient, and constructible.
- Collaborates with and coordinates projects with architects, owners, and other engineering disciples, vendors, building officials, etc., through design phases of the building project.
- Performs engineering calculations including energy, HVAC load, building energy modeling, etc.
- Calculates ventilation and dust collection sizing and layout.
- Processes piping system calculation and design. Plans industrial piping per building project.
- Reviews shop drawings, responding to RFI’s and coordinates with contractors, design team(s), building officials, owners, etc. through the construction phase of the building project.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Continuous Learning – Must be motivated and eager to learn industry concepts. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Planning & Organization – Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Undergraduate student in Mechanical Engineering. Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Proficiency in AutoCAD 2009 (or more recent versions) required. Proficiency with Revit is advantageous.
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
Fill out this form or email us at email@example.com