Junior Estimator will be responsible for assisting the preconstruction department in all phases as needed. Must be self-motivated, dependable, and adaptable within the role which will provide a multitude of learning opportunities for the right candidate. The position affords the right candidate the ability to learn the construction industry from a unique perspective in a fast-paced environment. Growth potential is plentiful for the right motivated individual.
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: 10%
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
- Adhering to and upholding NDBS Core Values: Safety, we answer our phone, Always Innovating, Collaborative Partnerships, Reputation, and entrepreneurship.
- Assist Senior Estimator on project estimating, pricing, and take-offs
- Preparation and review of bid documents
- Obtain detailed understanding of scope of work for bid documents
- Responsible for soliciting vendor quotes
- Responsible for soliciting subcontractor proposals
- Assist in communication with subcontractors and vendors as needed
- Assist Preconstruction department in various tasks as needed
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Experience in construction industry a plus but not required
- Project management experience a plus but not required
- Knowledge of HVAC and Piping Systems, building products, construction details/design is a plus but not required
- Self-motivated with excellent time and task management skills
- Ability to work within an environment with deadlines while having to multi-task with changing priorities
- OSHA 10 certification is a plus and will be required upon hiring
- Ability to communicate well with others both written and orally
NDBS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Fill out this form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org