The HVAC Commissioning Technician should have the ability to read and interpret specifications, sequence of operations, and drawings for commercial HVACR systems. Ability to keep accurate, detailed logs and records of inspections and verifications. Electrically and mechanically troubleshoot various types of HVACR equipment. Computer literacy and proficiency is required. Learn and understand multiple BAS and equipment manufacturer operating platforms. Minimum 3-5 years of experience in HVACR service, construction, or an equipment supplier field service role. This position is suited to an individual with 3 or more years of field installation/start-up experience and 2 or more years of mechanical HVACR construction or related field. Previous Building Automation or DDC Controls experience a plus. Experience with large commercial refrigeration systems a plus.
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Technical Services
Travel Required: 65-75%
- Adhering to and upholding NDBS Core Values: Safety, we answer our phone, Always Innovating, Collaborative Partnerships, Reputation, and entrepreneurship.
- Adheres to all company and customer safety standards. Provides safety awareness on work sites.
- Troubleshoots system problems, works with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
- Calibrates systems requiring basic electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters, network terminals and/or a laptop computer.
- Execute functional performance tests for various equipment to be commissioned on each project.
- Complete all required commissioning documentation.
- Provide accurate information for as-built documentation.
- Performs site specific training for owner/operator on the installed mechanical systems.
- Assists with turnover to service providers.
- Provide customer support utilizing remote monitoring project access including professional documentation and diagnostics.
- Aid in driving project closeout pertaining to equipment functionality.
- May be utilized in an instructional/informational capacity to assist in guiding installers to maintain NDBS quality standards for HVACR systems.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all customers and coworkers.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodations, and climb various types of ladders.
- Associates degree or Vocational Certifications in Electronics or in HVAC/Electrical Controls Systems or a combination of work experience and education.
- EPA refrigerant handling certification.
- Background in troubleshooting and diagnosing HVAC system issues.
- Must be an effective communicator with ability to generate professional written material and deliver effective verbal communications.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
NDBS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Fill out this form or email us at email@example.com