This position will report to the Technical Services Manager with the following primary duties and responsibilities.
- Adhering to and upholding NDBS Core Values:
- Safety, we answer our phone, Always Innovating, Collaborative Partnerships, Reputation, and entrepreneurship.
- Act as the in-house Building Automation Systems developer\designer to plan and design BAS control projects.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve software issues on installed Building Automation and Energy Management Systems.
- Diagnose communication problems with control devices and other components.
- Perform software preventative maintenance on installed Building Automation and Energy Management Systems, including implementing software patches and updating antivirus solutions.
- Create, load, test, and tune system databases.
- Code software using multiple languages in multiple environments as appropriate.
- Adhere to high quality coding and testing practices.
- Suggest system improvements and modifications.
- Assist with commissioning and startup of new Building Automation and Energy Management Systems to ensure proper operation.
- Streamline and develop software code, graphics and drivers for graphic front end, human machine interface, page development.
- Provide remote support training to customers.
- Provide emergency and warranty service as required.
- Create and maintain software documentation, including design, structure, code, and compiling processes.
- Create and maintain test records and site configuration information.
- Conform to project site safety and housekeeping requirements.
- Develop and enforce software standards and processes.
- Provide technical support, including high-level troubleshooting on project sites and to other team members.
- Provide technical support to sales engineers and assist in development of new business opportunities.
- Maintain an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial cost.
- Assist in developing change order cost and scope.
- Assist with on-site commissioning on a limited, as needed basis.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Approximately 10-20 percent travel could be expected during heavy workloads or to solve complex controls design or installation issues.
Required Education And Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- BS degree in Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent experience combined with an associate degree or technical school diploma/certificate.
- 5+ years’ experience in programming of one or more of the following Building Automation System (BAS) platforms: Distech, Tridium, Honeywell, JCI, Automated Logic Controls, or Siemens
- OSHA 30 certification is a plus and will be required upon hiring.
- Experience with information technology infrastructure components as they relate to building automation systems.
- Experience working in environments such as Data Centers, Chilled Water Plants, Boiler Plants, Wastewater Plants, Power Generation and Distribution Plants, Pharmaceutical and Chemical Plants, Industrial HVAC and Process Control Applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in BACnet BAS integration with various manufactures (Trane, Daikin, Carrier, Johnson Controls, and Greenheck) and HVACR equipment including, but not limited to chillers, boilers, RTUs, MAUs, AHUs, and ARUs.
- Demonstrated expertise in planning, organizing, and controlling all aspects of complex, large scale mechanical, electrical, or control system projects.
The position will require the ability to lift and carry 50 lbs., work in a construction environment with overhead reach, carry and use step ladders, extension ladders, power and hand tools of various types.
We pride ourselves in hiring the best. With an industry competitive pay structure, and access to the best training offered, we cultivate and grow our team from the inside. Get your career back on track, by filling out the form below.