Technical Services BAS Technician
We’re seeking an entry level professional with a passion for helping customers achieve their Mechanical Design/Build objectives. The BAS Technician will test equipment against the engineer’s sequence of operation, troubleshoot issues as they arise and support facility personnel with service issues through the warranty period. If you are a self-motivated and task driven individual with a “hands-on” disposition, then we want to speak with you!
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: 50 – 75%
Department: Technical Services
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
- Adhering to and upholding NDBS Core Values: Safety, we answer our phone, Always Innovating, Collaborative Partnerships, Reputation, and entrepreneurship.
- Provide technical assistance to engineers and project managers for daily project activities.
- Assist with BAS and HVAC equipment startup and functional testing of HVAC systems in the field.
- Troubleshoot the installation of controls hardware, software and HVAC equipment.
- Load system-level controller software.
- Perform commissioning and system diagnostics from system-level controllers to end devices (i.e. sensors, actuators, etc.) and complete all required commissioning documentation.
- Update weekly status of temperature controls systems’ progress for each project, including critical dates, upcoming milestones and outstanding issues.
- Assist with and manage subcontractors through the design, construction and commissioning processes.
- Provide owner training and education for HVAC, BAS Control systems and Medical Gas systems.
- Execute functional performance tests for various equipment to be commissioned on each project.
- Field phone calls related to service issues and aid in resolving or dispatch appropriate personnel; track outstanding issues and drive to completion.
- Receive and respond timely to email alarms and work with NDBS and Temperature Controls subcontractor’s personnel towards resolution of all alarms.
- Aid in driving project closeout pertaining to equipment functionality.
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- College degree, technical degree or certificate of completion in HVAC, electronics, electrical automation, or another related program.
- 0 – 5 years’ experience in HVAC construction, service or building automation systems preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of HVAC systems operation and mechanical construction as related to HVAC is required; experience with refrigeration systems preferred.
- Background in troubleshooting and diagnosing HVAC system issues.
- Must be an effective communicator with ability to generate professional written material and deliver effective verbal communications.
- Microsoft Office experience required; experience with Procore preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel nationwide to various jobsites estimated 50% – 75%.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at any given time, use ladders to access equipment and navigate construction sites.
NDBS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We pride ourselves in hiring the best. With an industry competitive pay structure, and access to the best training offered, we cultivate and grow our team from the inside. Get your career back on track, by filling out the form below.