Staff Accountant supports accounting and finance operations. This position has career advancement potential for a motivated, talented and detail-oriented individual with a superb logical/quantitative data analysis skill set to perform full charge accounting and finance duties.
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: 0%
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
- Adhering to and upholding NDBS Core Values: Safety, we answer our phone, Always Innovating, Collaborative Partnerships, Reputation, and entrepreneurship.
- Perform month-end financial close activities, including preparation and posting of journal entries, GL account and bank reconciliation.
- Review of contract documents to assess billing requirements
- Work with Project Managers and Project Administrators on subcontractor related issues
- Post cash receipts and accounts receivable invoices
- Post cash disbursements and accounts payable invoices
- Obtain and process lien waivers
- Remit billings to general contractors as needed
- Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives of department and organization
- Participate in process improvement projects and perform ad-hoc requests as needed
- Assist with processing payroll as needed
- Assist with job costing review and analysis
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Minimum 2 years of applicable experience
- Contractor industry experience a plus
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel a plus
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to independently prioritize and effectively multitask assignments
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy; ability to follow-up and follow through on all assignments
- Outgoing with positive, helpful attitude; Able to interact with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Self-starter who takes initiative; able to anticipate needs
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality of all personnel and business matters
- Commitment to the Company’s mission and core values in all duties and responsibilities
NDBS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We pride ourselves in hiring the best. With an industry competitive pay structure, and access to the best training offered, we cultivate and grow our team from the inside. Get your career back on track, by filling out the form below.