Quality Assurance Engineer
The Quality Assurance Engineer will make job site visits at various phases of construction to review the installation of HVAC/R sheet metal, equipment and piping to ensure conformance with the design documents and details. In addition, the technician will confirm that installation is consistent with commonly accepted industry practices.
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: 60 – 75%
Department: Technical Services
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
- Adhering to and upholding NDBS Core Values: Safety, we answer our phone, Always Innovating, Collaborative Partnerships, Reputation, and Entrepreneurship.
- Provide on-site QA/QC supervision for NDBS construction projects as directed
- Prepare daily QA/QC reporting of field observations, with an emphasis on items of non-conformance for immediate corrective action
- Prepare, develop and maintain up-to-date quality procedures and documentation for NDBS Field Operations and subcontractors
- Prepare weekly surveillance reports, non-conformance reports and recommendations for corrective action
- Confirm non-conformance items have been adequately addressed
- Create and maintain software documentation and any testing records
- Review “Issued for Construction” documents and provide feedback to Engineering regarding proper means and methods, as well as compliance with project requirements
- Attend job site meetings while on site and update all parties on project progress and upcoming needs
- Ensure that all work is carried out as per the plans and specifications
- Conform to all NDBS safety requirements as well as any site-specific safety mandates
- Assist in developing change order cost and scope.
- Assist with on-site commissioning on a limited, as needed basis.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent field installation experience combined with an associate degree or technical school diploma/certificate.
- 5+ years’ experience in quality control, project management or site supervision in a management role
- OSHA 30-hour certification will be required. Training can be provided as needed but existing certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in planning, organizing and inspection of complex, large-scale mechanical and piping projects.
- The position will require the ability to lift and carry 50 lbs., work in a construction environment with overhead reach, carry and use step ladders, extension ladders, power and hand tools of various types.
NDBS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We pride ourselves in hiring the best. With an industry competitive pay structure, and access to the best training offered, we cultivate and grow our team from the inside. Get your career back on track, by filling out the form below.