Project Manager will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating work performed by our subcontractors on site to ensure that construction schedules are met and that our customers receive the quality and workmanship we demand in our finished projects. Must be familiar with HVAC systems of all types. Must be capable of maintaining excellent client relationships while maintaining project profitability.
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: 30-40%
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
- Adhering to and upholding NDBS Core Values: Safety, we answer our phone, Always Innovating, Collaborative Partnerships, Reputation, and entrepreneurship.
- Managing and coordinating mechanical construction projects from conception to completion
- Fully understanding all projects in-depth, enabling yourself to: order materials/equipment, issue subcontracts, develop billings, complete and manage RFIs and change orders, as well as prepare/review submittals etc. You must be able to ensure all project team members are fully informed of this information
- Maintaining a working knowledge of general conditions, work scope and specifications of project contract/subcontract
- Planning ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging issues before they become a problem
- Establish project cost control centers for tracking of equipment, material, labor, subcontracts and miscellaneous costs
- Manage large jobs with minimal supervision
- Procure and manage project subcontractors and equipment vendors
- Inspect the jobsite on a regular basis for contract compliance, workmanship, and safety
- Timely completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction
- Communication with customers and their representatives, building owners, subcontractors and field support staff
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required
- Flexible domestic travel
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management or equivalent required.
- Proven working experience in Construction Management or related field
- B.S. in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering (or related field) is a plus
- Knowledge of HVAC and Piping Systems, building products, construction details/design and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Familiarity with construction management software packages—overall strong computer skills
- Self-motivated with excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to work within an environment with deadlines while having to multi-task with changing priorities
- OSHA 30 certification is a plus and will be required upon hiring
- Ability to communicate with others both written and orally
- The position will require the ability to lift and carry 50 lbs., work in a construction environment with overhead reach, carry and use step ladders, extension ladders, power and hand tools of various types.
NDBS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We pride ourselves in hiring the best. With an industry competitive pay structure, and access to the best training offered, we cultivate and grow our team from the inside. Get your career back on track, by filling out the form below.