Mechanical Superintendent will be tasked with providing oversight of field operations, management and direction of field employees. The Mechanical Superintendent position is to ensure that all resources of the company are managed and coordinated in an efficient and professional manner to complete a quality project on schedule and safely.
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: 85 – 90%
- Adhering to and upholding NDBS Core Values: Safety, we answer our phone, Always Innovating, Collaborative Partnerships, Reputation, and entrepreneurship.
- Has overall responsibility to ensure construction projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Interfaces with clients, architects and engineers, other contractors, suppliers, and employees.
- Works in partnership with our project manager to ensure ultimate project success.
- Supervises craft employees and other contractors as required by the contract.
- Ensures that all onsite personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc.
- Assumes responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, providing organization, technical, and interpersonal skills to ensure that our contractual obligations are fulfilled in a safe, quality, professional manner.
- Continuously monitor productivity and percentage complete, identifying problems and potential delays while providing solutions to overcome
- Coordinate and schedule equipment and material deliveries
- Understands the importance of a “Culture of Safety” and monitors the jobsite to ensure all OSHA and customer safety regulations are met or exceeded.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
- Ability to assist Project Management Team with onsite construction management of multiple NDBS projects across the country.
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- Minimum of 8 years Mechanical Construction and Supervision Experience
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- OSHA 30 certification is a plus and will be required upon hiring.
- Mechanical, Engineering or Construction Management degree would be a plus.
- Able to communicate with others both written and orally
- The position will require the ability to lift and carry 50 lbs., work in a construction environment with overhead reach, carry and use step ladders, extension ladders, power and hand tools of various types.
NDBS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We pride ourselves in hiring the best. With an industry competitive pay structure, and access to the best training offered, we cultivate and grow our team from the inside. Get your career back on track, by filling out the form below.