National Design Build Services is a mechanical design/build firm that offers our customers knowledge and
experience in design and construction of air conditioning, heating, ventilation and refrigeration systems
(HVAC/R) in commercial and industrial buildings. Our projects consist of Manufacturing/Industrial Buildings,
Distribution Centers, Office Buildings, Refrigerated Warehouses and Medical/Surgery Centers. While based
out of St. Louis, our projects are located throughout the United States. NDBS offers an impressive benefits
and compensation package in addition to excellent career development opportunities. We have an
immediate opening for a Traveling Mechanical Foreman.
The Mechanical Foreman will be tasked with assisting Superintendents and Project Managers in coordinating
mechanical install operations and oversee crew on-site. As the liaison between workers and supervisors, the
Mechanical Foreman is the key person in charge of overseeing the completion of the project and must be
able to see the “big picture” at all times. The Foreman must be aware of materials expenses, permits, and
other regulations, as well as employee safety.
- Ensures crew maintains professional relations with Owner, Engineer, and other members of the
- Builds job by plans and specifications as directed by supervisor.
- Prior to commencing work activities, develops and executes an effective plan in cooperation with the
Superintendent for his/her area of responsibility and determines the means and methods necessary
(including individual work activities) to meet project goals.
- Assures the proper storage of materials and rented equipment, including regular checks of job for
material and equipment inventory.
- Assures the proper operation and maintenance of equipment under their control, including
appropriate applications for the respective equipment.
- Preplans and schedules install activities on a daily basis as required.
- Knowledgeable of inspection requirements and material or equipment requirements.
- Recognizes and immediately reports any requests for extra work.
- Prepares or assists the Superintendent in the preparation of daily reports, work unit quantity reports,
equipment reports, and receipt of materials.
- Assures quality control and contract compliance of install activity under his/her supervision.
- Is in direct charge of safety and accident control for the on-site crew.
- Participates in safety meetings and the implementation of effective safety programs and
- Cooperates with Corporate Safety managers to ensure OSHA compliance at job sites.
- Uses Next day planner to ensure everything needed to perform the work task is available.
- Attends End-Of-Shift Meetings and is prepared to discuss coordination & operation issues.
- Regularly conducts effective Morning site foreman meetings.
- Participates in Weekly Team Meeting and helps develop Weekly Work Plan.
- Promotes a work environment that fosters good employee morale with emphasis on mutual respect.
Required Skills & Attributes
- 10 Years of Experience in HVAC or Piping
- Highly Motivated with Ability to Travel
- Read Mechanical Drawings and Submittal
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- Strong Communicator
- OHSA 30
- Adapt to Change
We pride ourselves in hiring the best. With an industry competitive pay structure, and access to the best training offered, we cultivate and grow our team from the inside. Get your career back on track, by filling out the form below.