The Mechanical Foreman will be tasked with assisting Superintendents and Project Managers in coordinating mechanical install operations and oversee crew on-site. As the liaison between workers and supervisors, the Mechanical Foreman is the key person in charge of overseeing the completion of the project and must be able to see the “big picture” at all times. The Foreman must be aware of materials expenses, permits, and other regulations, as well as employee safety.
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: 100%
- Adhering to and upholding NDBS Core Values: Safety, we answer our phone, Always Innovating, Collaborative Partnerships, Reputation, and entrepreneurship.
- Ensures crew maintains professional relations with Owner, Engineer, and other members of the team.
- Builds job by plans and specifications as directed by supervisor.
- Prior to commencing work activities, develops and executes an effective plan in cooperation with the Superintendent for his/her area of responsibility and determines the means and methods necessary (including individual work activities) to meet project goals.
- Assures the proper storage of materials and rented equipment, including regular checks of job for material and equipment inventory.
- Assures the proper operation and maintenance of equipment under their control, including appropriate applications for the respective equipment.
- Preplans and schedules install activities on a daily basis as required.
- Knowledgeable of inspection requirements and material or equipment requirements.
- Recognizes and immediately reports any requests for extra work.
- Prepares or assists the Superintendent in the preparation of daily reports, work unit quantity reports, equipment reports, and receipt of materials.
- Assures quality control and contract compliance of install activity under his/her supervision.
- Is in direct charge of safety and accident control for the on-site crew.
- Participates in safety meetings and the implementation of effective safety programs and communication.
- Cooperates with Corporate Safety managers to ensure OSHA compliance at job sites.
- Uses Next day planner to ensure everything needed to perform the work task is available.
- Attends End-Of-Shift Meetings and is prepared to discuss coordination & operation issues.
- Regularly conducts effective Morning site foreman meetings.
- Participates in Weekly Team Meeting and helps develop Weekly Work Plan.
- Promotes a work environment that fosters good employee morale with emphasis on mutual respect.
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- 10 Years of Experience in HVAC or Piping
- Highly Motivated and self-starter
- Read Mechanical Drawings and Submittals
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- Strong Communicator
- OSHA 30 certification is a plus and will be required upon hiring.
- Adapt to Change
NDBS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We pride ourselves in hiring the best. With an industry competitive pay structure, and access to the best training offered, we cultivate and grow our team from the inside. Get your career back on track, by filling out the form below.