Mechanical Engineer (HVAC) CO-OP
The Mechanical Engineer (HVAC) – Co-Op is responsible for providing support to in-house engineering staff in all facets of building mechanical system design.
Position Type: Co-Op
Travel Required: none
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
- Adhering to and upholding NDBS Core Values: Safety, we answer our phone, Always Innovating, Collaborative Partnerships, Reputation, and entrepreneurship.
- Supports senior engineering personnel in mechanical engineering of HVAC, plumbing, and fuel gas systems for institutional, retail, and commercial building projects.
- Prepares calculations and technically-sound construction documents that are cost effective, efficient, and constructible.
- Collaborates with and coordinates projects with architects, owners, and other engineering disciples, vendors, building officials, etc., through design phases of the building project.
- Performs engineering calculations including energy, HVAC load, building energy modeling, etc.
- Calculates ventilation and dust collection sizing and layout.
- Processes piping system calculation and design. Plans industrial piping per building project.
- Reviews shop drawings, responding to RFI’s and coordinates with contractors, design team(s), building officials, owners, etc. through the construction phase of the building project.
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- Continuous Learning: Must be motivated and eager to learn industry concepts. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Planning & Organization: Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
- Problem Solving: Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Undergraduate student in Mechanical Engineering. Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Language Ability: Read, analyze and interpret business, professional, technical or governmental documents. Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the public.
- Reasoning Ability: Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Proficiency in AutoCAD 2009 (or more recent versions) required. Proficiency with Revit is advantageous.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may be required to stand and walk for long periods of time. The employee may be outdoors for extended periods of time, in varying weather conditions. The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position requires the ability to climb ladders.
NDBS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We pride ourselves in hiring the best. With an industry competitive pay structure, and access to the best training offered, we cultivate and grow our team from the inside. Get your career back on track, by filling out the form below.