Senior Project Engineer
The Senior Project Engineer is involved in all aspects of the HVAC/R design/build process. From project conception through the details of design and field coordination, you will work with our staff of experts sharing practical knowledge and experience unmatched in this industry. This position is responsible for delivering project design assignments within time and budget parameters while satisfying client contracts.
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: 10-15%
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
- Adhering to and upholding NDBS Core Values: Safety, we answer our phone, Always Innovating, Collaborative Partnerships, Reputation, and entrepreneurship.
- Design and plan layouts of equipment, duct, and piping systems.
- Drive the development of HVAC design from initial concept through construction drawing.
- Application engineering including but not limited to Sequence of operations, load calculations, psychometrics, refrigeration, acoustics, and temperature control systems.
- Engages in several levels of field engineering, assisting with project execution, trade coordination, scheduling, document management and commissioning.
- Review and approve contractor bids, RFI’s, submittals, and change requests.
- Responsible for developing and refinement of department means and methods including specifications and details.
- Responsible for development and implementation of department policies and procedures.
- Responsible for overview of system design that meets the budget set forth by project estimate.
- Responsible for development of young engineers through one-on-one and group training.
- Support sales, project managers, and service department for all engineering related issues from project inception through closeout and warranty.
- Quality Control Management through site visits and continuous improvement
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- P.E. License
- Must have 10+ years of HVAC Mechanical Engineering Design experience working for a mechanical engineering consultant or HVAC design/build contracting firm.
- Proficiency in HVAC Piping, Process Piping and Refrigeration Mechanical design fundamentals and systems applications. Experience will larger piping design, coordination and quality control is a plus.
- Proficiency with building codes
- Proficiency in load calculations, system design, equipment/ductwork/piping layout and coordination with other building trades.
- Proficiency in building load and energy code compliance calculations (Trane Trace, etc.)
- Ability to interact effectively with others in a team environment
- Excellent leadership, organization, and communication skills
- Self-starter and strong desire to succeed
- Proficiency utilizing Revit to develop engineered documents would be desired
NDBS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We pride ourselves in hiring the best. With an industry competitive pay structure, and access to the best training offered, we cultivate and grow our team from the inside. Get your career back on track, by filling out the form below.