Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager will be tasked with assisting Project Managers in coordinating activities of a project to ensure schedule, document control, quality standards and budgets are met while ensuring that our customers receive the quality and workmanship we demand in our finished projects. This position will provide hands-on, on the job training.
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: 10-30%
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
- Adhering to and upholding NDBS Core Values: Safety, we answer our phone, Always Innovating, Collaborative Partnerships, Reputation, and entrepreneurship.
- Assist Project Managers in all aspects of Project Management
- Track assigned projects, including schedule, work in progress, RFI’s, punch lists, etc.
- Communication with customers and their representatives, building owners, mechanical contractors, other trades, subcontractors and field support staff
- Research and solicit potential subcontractor partners
- Coordinates work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers
- Coordinate and schedule equipment and material deliveries
- Ensures that quality standards are maintained for assigned projects
- Monitor and document safety policies on jobsites
- Establishes a professional relationship with the customer and interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews
- Coordination of punch lists
- Assist in project close out
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required
- Flexible domestic travel
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- B.S. in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering (or related field) is a plus
- Knowledge of HVAC and Piping Systems, building products, construction details/design and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Familiarity with construction management software packages—overall strong computer skills
- Self-motivated with excellent time and project management skills
- Ability to work within an environment with deadlines while having to multi-task with changing priorities
- OSHA 30 certification is a plus and will be required upon hiring
- Ability to communicate with others both written and orally
- The position will require the ability to lift and carry 50 lbs., work in a construction environment with overhead reach, carry and use step ladders, extension ladders, power and hand tools of various types.
NDBS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We pride ourselves in hiring the best. With an industry competitive pay structure, and access to the best training offered, we cultivate and grow our team from the inside. Get your career back on track, by filling out the form below.